Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spirits in the Stanley Hotel

A not so spooky tale for Halloween!

I had the delight of visiting Estes Park, CO, a year or so ago and capturing some very interesting images on my camera. My friends and I took the "ghost tour" since the hotel is supposed to be rife with spirits. The guide brought us to a vortex area and said people often captured orbs; nearly every picture I took from that point on had some strange shape in it. My husband, the darling skeptic, said it was just dust, but my camera's never captured images like this before or since, so I like to believe it was the spiritual energy reaching out and making itself known.



My favorite part came in this hallway. The guide said this was where the children stayed with their nannies during the summers, while their rich parents enjoyed each other's society elsewhere in the grand hotel. There is a lot of active energy here; reports of children laughing and running down the halls in the wee hours, candy being taken from rooms, shoes untied in closets. No children died, but the theory is that their energy stayed. The guide said tour participants with close connections to children often would get interesting pictures. I was a preschool teacher for twelve years, and I think I got an interesting picture!



This was the first orb I captured:


One on the old stage:


I like to think I captured glimpses of something special and otherworldly that day. It was great fun, and not scary at all, which I think is an important part of the experience.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh...how fun, how fun! I'd love to do that! Hope you have a Wonderful Halloween! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a wonderful Halloween! Thank you so much for your countdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...what a cool place! i would love to visit there!

    ReplyDelete